Thursday, June 23, 2016

hope.

Your middle name is Hope
With affection, I named you
So when you start to think you’ve “got this”
Remember whose hands framed you 

No, “hope” isn’t what you thought
In your youth and ignorance
But no need to feel ashamed
In love, I gently teach truth


Let Me tell you once again
What I’ve spoken in the past
Tune out the noise and hear My voice
Treasure my words inside of you


Hope is not the flowery word
You had imagined it to be
But before you brace yourself in fear
Let My reality set you free


Hope is not a dead end
Hope is not a cruel joke
It’s a companion for the journey
Come meet the one called “hope”


Hope is not a destination
So, it’s alright if you don’t arrive
To survive the pain, you need comfort
And you need to be nurtured to thrive


Hope is a steady rhythm
When you feel you can’t go on
So, when you need it most, don’t sprint
Wait, and trust for the dawn


Hope is not a song in daylight
It’s a whisper in the dark
And when you think you’re breaking
It’s the hands that hold your heart


Hope for circumstantial change
Might be Control in disguise
So hold out your open hands
Let hope take you by surprise


Hope is what you need
In the season you didn’t want
In the deadness of winter
Hope blooms deep down inside


Hope is beautiful
But, not what you might think
Un-manicured, but precious
Found in a despised ash heap


Hope might feel messy
You aren’t doing something wrong

My ‘work in progress’ isn’t decorative
It’s becoming durable and strong


Hope is what you choose to act on
But need I remind you?
If you see it with your eyes
That's when it isn’t hope at all


Here’s My word to the hopeless
And I’ve planted it in you
Be gentle with yourself

Rest here and let me love you


Here in my arms you’ll discover
That hope is real and hope is sure
Though every light has dimmed
And life has slammed every door


Be angry, be hurt
Be shattered, be real
You won’t drown if Hope’s your anchor

You don’t need to be afraid to feel


True hope is untouchable
Unshakable, invincible
True hope won’t give in
It’s unchanging and unbreakable


“How can this be?” You ask

When deep depression and wounds

In your heart have made a home

And for joy, have left no room

Can I liberate you?
Listen close and hear this truth
Your victory over despair
Does not depend on you


Lift your eyes, weary one
Is not your battle to win
For hope your soul is desperate
So to Me, come 


For, My very name is Hope

I am Hope in darkest night
And I will never leave you alone
Nothing can keep you from Me
So Seek Me to find Hope


In the rubble, a silent song
In the pain, a healing balm
In fatigue, relief and strength
In the storm, I’ll be your calm


No, child, hope is not a dead end
On this rugged road of life
It can be a familiar friend
Reminding you of what I’ve done


And one day, you’ll blink back tears
 Meeting others on the road
You’ll speak up and share the story
How before the dawn

You knew Hope.





“and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
-Romans 5:5

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”
-Hebrews 6:19-20

“Who among you fears the Lord?
Who obeys the voice of His Servant?
Who walks in darkness
And has no light?
Let him trust in the name of the Lord
And rely upon his God.”
-Isaiah 50:10

“…we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words.”
-1 Corinthians 5:23-25


“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.”
-Psalm 62:5-7





No comments:

Post a Comment