Tuesday, June 7, 2016

still.

My flickering thought
Gradually grew an idea
Curious to discover
Another way to draw nearer

You proposed and I obliged
Though I never would have guessed
A fun experiment with You
Could be a quite revealing test

Take some time to
just be still
It sounded simple and clear
Turn off the noise
Slow down the pace

Tune in to hear Your voice
As I tune out others that contest
Knowing the value of intimacy
In Your arms, peace and rest

But I had no idea, not a clue
It would be so very hard
I didn’t know the noise was masking
Another layer of intimacy scars
All those things were drowning it out
This horrifying truth
Underneath my “good deeds”
I was hiding from You
I discovered the discomfort
Of
just being with You
Without productivity to lean on
Or performance to pursue
I was humbled
I was afraid
I was ashamed
I was confused

My Abba, My Shepherd
I want so much to love You
Why this fear and timidity?
Why sudden difficulty to approach You?
In the silence of my heart
In the stillness of my mind
Being still woke me up
Although for Rest I took the time
Be still and Know I love you
Be still and Know you are enough
Without the striving and the diligence
Your heart is what I love

Be still and Know I’m here
Be still and Know you’re not forgotten
That I’m with you in the valley
Though you only feel me on the mountain
Be still and Know I’ve got you
Be still and Know I care
I will provide for what’s ahead
I just need your trust til we get there
Be still and Know it’s ok
Be still and Know you are small
I am big and I’m enough
You don’t need to stand up so tall
Be still and Know My heart
Be still and Know My goal
I am working for your good
And I promise I will get you home
Be still and Know I am strong
Be still and Know that you are loved
And that I want to tenderly hold you
Not condemn each move you make
Be still and Know I am wise
Be still and Know I can teach
You don’t need to figure it out
I’ll give each necessary piece
Be still and Know My joy
Be still and Know My peace
Relationship is not a race
You can
just be with Me
Be still and Know you are worth it
Be still and Know you matter
I’m a good Dad
I want to set you free to receive
Be still and Know who I am
Be still and Know you are Mine
And that will never ever change
Though all else will shift with time
I sat in the stillness
I soaked in Your voice
Amazed by the impact
Of one little choice
It hurt, but it helped me
To
just be still with You
And discover again
That in the stillness of silence,
I’m still precious to You



“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth!”
-Psalm 46:10
“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.”
-Psalm 62:5
“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”
-Lamentations 3:25-26
“For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed.’ Says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”
-Isaiah 54:10
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
Isaiah 26:3
"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."
-1 John 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment