Tuesday, March 8, 2016

run with me.



“Just breathe, you’re almost done.”

My feet pound the pavement on a hot sunny day. The melting tar crackles under my shoes. One minute left and then I can walk again, cool off, stretch.

I grit my teeth, close my eyes, and mutter, “Run with me, God! I need you to run with me!”

Instantly an image flashes through my mind.

My Savior laughs and says, “No my child, you run with Me.”

Instead of the long hot road ahead of me, we’re running through a beautiful place near a waterfall. I hold His hand tightly and put my feet where He steps. We’re leaping over rocks and splashing through the cool river. Every time I stumble, His strong arms hold me. We climb trees and mountains and wander through beautiful underground caves. All the while, His light guides me. Around every corner there is a new and exciting experience. Danger lurks and I’m afraid, but His steady voice leads me ever forward. We’re on our way to His home, and He knows how to safely maneuver every step.

He knows every twist and turn. Most importantly, He knows me.

“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!”

It’s been one minute.

I open my eyes and see the long road ahead of me. The sun beats on my back and a sharp pain shoots up the back of my legs. I slow to a walk and decide,

I want to run with Jesus.





Note: I wrote this in my journal towards the end of summer 2013. It was a very dark and painful season of my life, but even then, God was pursing me. Looking back at this journal entry, I smile because of how very real this picture has, and continues to, become in my life. God is good to me. Now, jogging is not only an activity that I enjoy, I've had many sweet conversations with my Savior while I'm out in the beauty of His world! #redemptionforthewin.

In just 12 days I will be participating in the Run4Mercy 5K and Family Walk to celebrate the freedom I've found from the life controlling issues of an eating disorder, self harm, suicidal thoughts, and depression. I'm looking forward to running with Jesus. Are you interested in joining my team? I'd love to have your prayers, encouragement, presence, financial support, or all of the above for the day of the run!

For more information visit my personal support profile:
http://www.runformercy.org/site/TR/Run/RunforMercy?px=1284107&pg=personal&fr_id=1820

No comments:

Post a Comment